The ultimate somatic cell count testing tool. Take control of your herd health instantly—just add milk.
The SCC Check is the all-in-one SCC testing app of the Dairy Quality family. This powerful app, along with the Dairy Quality SCC testing slides, lets you test somatic cell counts on the ground, compare test results to a possible pathogen database, and compile SCC bulk tank impact reports, so you can decide which cows to treat and which cows to remove from your bulk tank.
You get in-the-moment information and the capacity to track trends by storing your data in the cloud, direct from the Dairy Health Check. From this cloud, you also have the opportunity to share your results anonymously and contribute to a global project studying the factors affecting SCC in milk.
Using Dairy Quality’s technology is easy. Here’s how it works:
- Collect a milk sample with the dropper and insert into the Dairy Quality SCC slide,
- Shake the slide to mix the propodium iodide reagent and fluorescence,
- Insert your milk sample slide into the device and depress the plunger to mix the milk with the reagent to break down the cell membranes and add fluorescence,
- Take an image of the sample using the iPod/iPhone camera lens, the light source and our precision microscope,
- Initiate the countdown to push the milk through the slide and spread it thin so the light source can enhance the fluorescent somatic cells,
- Wait as the app runs the algorithm to count the cell and provide lab-accurate SCC results,
- View the results on your screen once the process is complete,
- Choose to save this information to your cow file for future reference, or discard the results and run another test.
A Clear Visualization of Your Milk Samples
SCC Check provides instant and accurate SCC readings, and displays an image of the actual milk sample showing the presence of somatic cells. Viewable on your iPod Touch or iPhone in seconds, the difference between a ‘good’ milk sample and a ‘problem’ milk sample is obvious.
A University of Guelph study revealed the accuracy of the SCC testing device to be within 97 percent correlation with most international dairy SCC lab testing.